Dienstag, 3. Juli 2012

Regret


Did you ever think about in which situations you could have behaved in a different way? And what could have changed then? I did and I feel sorry for some situations.
I'm sorry, it is late and I'm quite tired, so I don't find good words- neither in English, nor in German, so I decided to write in English anyway, because I thought about this topic in English- but with better and more descripive words. I think these words don't really explain what I actually wanted to say :-/
The things in life I regret most are quite general:
Being too influenced by the opinion of others, being too shy to do what I really want and say what I really think.
More precisely it means for example that I didn't do anything to help a person I liked that was bullied. I just kept quiet, because I maybe feared the reactions of others. I really regret this. And also that I didn't stick by friend who wasn't that favored, too. I was a bit angry with this friend and when others started talked bad about this friend, I did too, because of my anger and because I wanted to be accepted in my new courses.
At least in the last situation it absolutely wasn't worth it. I am accepted, right, but I don't think I am because of this.
So stay true to yourself! It feels best and only then the people can love you like you are and don't love the lie you created.

" Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" -Oscar Wilde
"Wer Wahrheit simuliert, wird nur kurz akzeptiert"- Die Ärzte, Lied vom Scheitern

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen